According to a recent survey, 86% of Americans have aches and pains that are triggered by travel activities, with 11% of Americans reporting that they outright avoid travel due to aches and pains. To help holiday travelers ease aches and pains during holiday trips, the makers of ThermaCare® are inviting people to join its Holiday Travel Heat Wave by offering the following tips:
- Pack light – Lifting and carrying heavy suitcases can cause strain on your back. Always remember to lift from your knees instead of bending over for added support.
- Use rolling luggage – Take the weight off your back and arms during those mad dashes through the airport!
- Adjust your seat so it is as comfortable as possible – When spending long hours in a car seat make sure to adjust your seat before leaving to ensure it is as appropriate for your body type as possible.
- Use a pillow, blanket, or traveling neck rest for extra support – Long trips can trigger all kinds of aches and pains; packing items such as a pillow for additional lower back support or a neck rest can help eliminate or lessen common aches and pains.
- Take breaks and stretch – Everyone wants to get to their destination quickly, but taking short breaks at rest stops and making time to stand up and stretch, even on airplanes, will keep you feeling limber and fresh once you arrive!
- Pack ThermaCare® HeatWraps – Toss some ThermaCare® HeatWraps into your carry-on for when aches and pains get the best of you. These thin discreet wraps provide pain relief without the need to take pills. They can easily be worn under clothing and are flexible enough to move with you no matter where your holiday travels may take you.
Post provided by Ketchum on behalf of Pfizer Consumer Healthcare.
 Opinion Research Inc. conducted a national telephone survey of 1,000 adults, age 18 or older living in the continental United States. The survey was completed during the period November 4-8, 2010. The survey was funded by Pfizer.
Photo by Jez Page.