5 Healthy Days in Prague7 min read
For our next stop on our healthy tour, we’re visiting one of the most charming, beautiful, and historic cities in central Europe: Prague.
Even though the city is over 1,100 years old, Prague’s traditional culture remains very much in tact—which is exactly what makes it so enchanting in a fairytale-esque way. While the ancient history of Prague continues to permeate its streets today, you’ll also find some modern touches among the ancient buildings, including a modern art museum and a dizzying edifice known as The Dancing House.
While you’ll be mostly amazed by the stunning architecture and beauty of Prague, the enchanting city has plenty to offer to travelers with all kinds of interests, and we promise you won’t leave disappointed.
So here you have it, your five-day itinerary for a healthy trip to Prague:
- Breakfast: Start the day with breakfast at Café Louvre. Go for the scrambled eggs, a good way to start your day.
- Workout: Go for a brisk walk around the charming Kunratice Forest, which features a variety of trees, animals, and even a beautiful lake. There are plenty of walking trails, streams, and lookout points for you to enjoy.
- Lunch: Enjoy a delicious lunch at Palffy Palac, such as the Peruvian quinoa salad with lemon dressing or the vegetable risotto.
- Mind/Body Balance: The Vrtba Garden is a UNESCO listed site and one of the most beautiful Baroque gardens in Europe. Built in 1720, this quaint garden features grand staircases, statues, sculptures, hedge designs and terraces that provide breathtaking views of the flowerbeds below.
- Must-See attraction: The massive Prague Castle has been around for over a thousand years, and remains the residence of the Czech president today. While you could spend hours exploring the castle property, you won’t want to miss the Royal Palace, St. George’s Basilica, and the Golden Lane.
- Dinner: After a long day, settle down with dinner at Kampa Park. Start off with seared scallops and try one of the many vegetarian or chicken dishes.
- Breakfast: Head over to Coffee & Co. for breakfast, try some yogurt and granola.
- Workout: Go for a round of golf or hit the driving range at the Golf Resort Hodkovicky.
- Lunch: The Restaurant Country Life (Melantrichova) serves organic foods and features a hearty salad bar, as well as fresh fruit and vegetable juices.
- Mind/Body Balance: Sit back and relax on a one-hour cruise on the Vltava River. Enjoy wonderful views of the Prague Castle, canals, and the rest of the charming city.
- Must-See attraction: The Charles Bridge connects the city’s Old Town and Lesser Town and is a great place to stroll. The bridge features 30 statutes, food and souvenir stands, and great views of the city.
- Dinner: Enjoy a refreshing dinner at Bellevue, which features menu items such as seasonal vegetable salad and wild cod.
- Breakfast: Wake up with breakfast at the Ouky Douky Coffee.
- Workout: Get some fresh air and your heart pumping during a jog at Stromovka Park.
- Mind/Body Balance: The Prague Zoo is one of the top ten zoos in the world. Take your children or reconnect with your inner child and enjoy the hundreds of animal exhibits at this award-winning zoo.
- Lunch: Stop by one of the restaurants in the zoo for some grub, such as the Ocean Restaurant or Gocary Restaurant. They also have Indian food at the Galub Restaurant.
- Must-See attraction: The St. Vitus Cathedral is one of the most beautiful of its kind in Europe. The gothic structure was built to honor St. Vitus, the patron saint of dancers, actors, and comedians and was completed in the early 20th century. The church also features stunning Art Nouveau stained glass windows, which were created by the Czech painter Alfons Mucha.
- Dinner: Indulge after a long day with dinner at Hergetova Cihelna. Try the spinach and arugula salad with sun dried tomatoes and the grilled sea bass.
- Breakfast: Break your fast at Costa Coffee.
- Workout: Get a day pass at Cybex Health Club and Spa and hit the gym or do a few laps in the pool. Don’t worry, you’ll be back later!
- Lunch: Head out for a healthy salad lunch at Chop’d, which is located right down the street.
- Mind/Body Balance: Relax with a spa treatment at Cybex. Massage, facial, or both—your choice!
- Must-See attraction: The DOX Center for Contemporary Art, which opened in 2008, offers a variety of modern art exhibits.
- Dinner: Enjoy a hearty, yet healthy meal at Molo 22, which features a diverse menu that has everything, including vegetarian, fish and meat dishes.
- Breakfast: Start the day at the French café, Au Gourmand.
- Workout: Rent a bike from Praha Bike Tour and either sign up for a local tour or explore on your own.
- Lunch: Refuel with a refreshing sandwich from Nostress. Try the veggie sandwich, which features zucchini, eggplant, and tomatoes, or go for the turkey club.
- Must-See attraction: Old Town Square is one of the more quaint, historical areas of Prague, boasting beautiful and vibrant architecture. You also won’t want to miss the Prague Astronomical Clock, which dates back to the 1400s, or the surprise that happens every hour on the hour!
- Mind/Body Balance: Get tickets to see a performance at the National Theatre, which features ballets, opera, and theater shows.
- Dinner: Say farewell to Prague with a delicious seafood dinner at The Alcron. If fish isn’t your cup of tea, they also serve meat and a variety of other menu options.