Healthy Recipe: Quinoa Burrito Bowls with Spicy Green Goddess Dressing1 min read
Recreate the popular burrito bowl at home with bright and fresh ingredients that’ll leave you feeling healthy and satisfied. Swapping in quinoa for rice adds muscle-building protein, and making your own dressing with fresh herbs amps up the flavor and the antioxidants. Let everyone customize their own bowl for a meal everyone will love!
Total Time: 25 minutes (with cooked quinoa)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cup black beans
- ¼ cup corn kernels
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped cucumbers
- 2 scallions, green and white parts, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
Green Goddess Dressing:
- 1 jar of Vegenaise or Greek yogurt (about 1 ½ cups total)
- 3 scallions, green and white parts
- 2 cloves raw garlic
- ½ cup fresh basil
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 1 green jalapeno, deseeded if you want it less spicy
- 1 tablespoon honey (or agave or maple syrup to keep it vegan)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice of 5 limes (add more or less to taste)
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- To make the dressing, puree all the ingredients together in a high-speed blender until smooth. Season to taste, and set aside.
- To assemble the salad, arrange all the ingredients in two large bowls, and drizzle with the dressing to serve. Enjoy!
Note: You can add some extra protein to this salad with grilled shrimp, fish, or chicken. Use any leftover dressing as a dip for veggies.
Read more to learn about helpful tips to follow when it comes to choosing the best healthy Mexican food.