Healthy Recipe: Croatian Heirloom Tomato & Peach Salad with Lemony Tofu Cream1 min read
Summers in Croatia bring ample sunshine and plentiful produce perfect for light and healthy cooking. This easy and quick no-cook recipe is perfect for hot summer days, and packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Tomatoes are an excellent source of lycopene, which helps protect your skin from the sun, and peaches supply vitamin C and fiber. Tofu acts as a light and protein packed alternative to dairy in this recipe, and its silky texture will have even skeptics converted. Make this recipe for a simple summer lunch, or serve it alongside grilled fish and a green salad for a well-rounded and healthy summer meal.
Serves: 4 generously
Total Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 8 ounces firm tofu
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 4 small heirloom tomatoes, sliced into ½ inch rounds
- 2 ripe peaches, pitted and sliced into ½ inch half moons
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Fresh basil, to serve
- In a high-speed blender, combine the tofu, lemon juice, olive oil, and cold water. Blitz to combine, and blend until smooth, adding more water if necessary. You want a thick, silky puree. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, spread a thick spoonful of the tofu cream on each plate, and arrange 1 tomato and ½ a peach over the cream. Sprinkle each plate with the hemp hearts and sunflower seeds, and garnish with basil if desired. Enjoy!