Recipe: Greek Style Watermelon & Feta Salad1 min read
This bright and summery salad bursts with fresh summer produce, and it’s the perfect way to showcase a farmer’s market haul. A rift on the classic Greek salad, this one incorporates sweet watermelon and corn to play off the traditional tomatoes and feta. Both tomatoes and watermelon are packed with lycopene, a powerful antioxidant that helps protect your skin from the sun. Watermelon and zucchini are both very hydrating, helping to offset any summer dehydration. Make up a big batch of this to enjoy for lunch the next day- it keeps well in the fridge.
Total Time: 25 minutes
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• 1 zucchini, spiralized or cut into thin, noodle like strips
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 ear of corn, kernels stripped
• 1 handful cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
• 1 cup cubed seedless watermelon
• 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
• Fresh lemon juice, to taste
• Fresh basil, torn, to serve
• Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large skillet over medium high heat, add the olive oil, zucchini noodles, corn, garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss well to combine, and cook for 2-3 minutes, until just barely crisp-tender. Remove from the skillet and arrange on a platter.
2. Arrange the sliced tomatoes and watermelon over the zucchini and corn. Sprinkle over the crumbled feta, and top everything with a squeeze of lemon juice, a bit of salt and pepper, and the fresh basil. Enjoy!