Thai Crunch Salad2 min read
This vibrant salad is the ideal way to use up leftover turkey from your Thanksgiving dinner, and its fresh and punchy flavors are the perfect way to lighten up and wake up your taste buds after a rich meal. Fiber and water-rich cabbage helps boost digestion and hydration, and mint eases any stomach upset while helping to lower cholesterol levels. If you’re making this without any leftover turkey, simply substitute roasted or poached chicken or shrimp, or leave it out altogether to keep this recipe vegan.
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups shredded Napa or savoy cabbage
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup diced cucumbers
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced on a bias
- 1 cup snap peas, thinly sliced on a bias
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves, torn
- 1 cup cooked turkey breast, shredded into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut or brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced or microplaned
- In a large bowl, toss together the cabbage, carrots, cucumbers, scallion, snap peas, mint, cilantro, and turkey.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, and garlic until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, and toss everything well to combine. Season to taste with more lime juice, soy sauce, or olive oil if needed. Garnish with cilantro and mint if desired, and enjoy!