Freezer Friendly Sesame Chicken with Noodles2 min read
When your pantry and fridge look bleak, reach for this freezer-friendly comfort food recipe that’s an easy dupe for a takeout favorite. Frozen vegetables are preserved at the peak of their freshness, ensuring maximum nutrients.
Feel free to swap in brown rice for the noodles, tofu for the chicken, and fresh vegetables for frozen. This recipe is all about making something delicious with whatever you have on hand.
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 16-20 frozen chicken tenders or nuggets
- 1 medium-size bag frozen broccoli florets
- 1 box spaghetti, fettuccini, or your favorite noodles (use gluten-free noodles if desired)
- Homemade sesame sauce (recipe below) OR one bottle of your favorite pre-made sesame sauce (look for one with a slightly sweet sauce base)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. On one baking sheet, spread out the chicken in an even layer. Bake for 12-20 minutes (check the packaging for time guidance), then remove from the oven.
- On a separate baking sheet, arrange the broccoli in an even layer. Bake for 6-8 minutes, until almost tender. Remove from the oven.
- Bring a large pot of water up to a boil and cook the pasta per package instructions. While the pasta cooks, continue with the recipe below.
- Toss the chicken and the broccoli each with about ¼ cup of sesame sauce. Switch on your broiler, and return both pans to the oven.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes, until everything goes crispy and the sauce starts to caramelize. Watch it closely as the sauce burns easily.
- Drain the cooked pasta, and toss with sesame sauce to coat.
- Serve the noodles, chicken, and broccoli with extra sauce if desired, and enjoy!
In a bowl, whisk together ½ cup tamari or soy sauce, ¼ cup brown rice wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon grated ginger, 2 grated garlic cloves, 4 tablespoons brown sugar (substitute coconut sugar or maple syrup if desired), 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds, and 2 tablespoons sesame oil.