Australian Peach Salad with Feta2 min read
Australian peaches are known for their incredible sweetness and firm texture, making them one of the most popular fruits in the country during the summer months of October through April. When paired with sweet corn and salty feta, the peaches truly take center stage. A light rice wine vinegar dressing brings everything together, making this the ideal lunchtime salad, or the perfect pairing for a grilled protein or pasta at dinner. Beans add satiating protein and a boost of fiber, while lettuce and cucumber offer hydration and vitamins A, C, K and iron. Peaches contain both soluble and insoluble fiber, making them a standout for improving digestion and gut health. They also help stabilize blood sugar and can help protect your eyes and skin with beta carotene. If peaches aren’t in season where you live, you can swap in chopped apples, berries or other stone fruit for equally delicious results.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 medium head of butter lettuce
- 2 firm, ripe peaches, pitted and cut into ½-inch chunks
- 2 ears corn, kernels stripped and cobs discarded
- 1 small thin-skinned cucumber, cut into half-moons
- 1 cup cooked white beans
- ½ cup roughly crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl or on a platter, layer the lettuce, peaches, corn, cucumber and beans.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the rice wine vinegar and olive oil, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss half the dressing with the salad, adding more until it’s dressed to your liking. Top the salad with the feta, toss lightly and enjoy!