Miso Crunch Salad2 min read
This creamy, sweet and savory miso dressing turns anything it touches into a delicious dish. It pairs especially well with sweet snap peas, corn, crunchy cabbage and cucumbers. The ideal side for salmon or shrimp, it also stands on its own as a vegetarian dish served with grains or tofu if you’re seeking a more substantial meal. As a fermented food, miso contains powerful probiotics which help bolster your gut health and boost your immune system. It also contains Vitamin K, zinc, protein and calcium, along with a host of beneficial minerals. Best consumed raw to preserve its probiotic power, miso works beautifully in this easy-to-whisk-together dressing. While all the vegetables in this recipe are hydrating and full of fiber and minerals, cabbage stands out for its ability to help lower your blood pressure and cholesterol, as well as lowering inflammation in your body and aiding in digestion.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Miso Dressing Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- ½ cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Miso Dressing Directions:
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients until smooth and well combined. Alternatively, add all ingredients to a small jar and shake until well combined.
- 3 cups shredded white cabbage
- 1 cup thinly sliced snap peas
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumbers
- Chopped fresh basil, to garnish (optional)
- Extra sesame seeds, to garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl, toss together the cabbage, snap peas, corn and cucumbers with ½ the prepared dressing. Taste and add more dressing, if desired.
- Garnish the salad with chopped basil and extra sesame seeds, and enjoy!
Note: This salad keeps well in the fridge for 1-2 days.
Wow, fantazstic bblog layout! Hoow loong have yyou been bloggging for?
you made blogginjg look easy. Thee overall look of your sjte is great,
as well ass the content!
I enjoy what you guys are up too. This sort of clever work and exposure! Keep up the excellent works guys I’ve incorporated you guys to my blogroll.
Sounds great and I would love to try but did not find a print option. So on to the next interesting salad.
Comments are closed.